- Salad Greens
- one beautifully ripe pear, cut into half, cored and sliced
- two ounces of stilton or gorgonzola, crumbled
- dried cranberries
- one large red onion, thinly sliced
- olive oil
- knob of butter
- handful of candied pecans (Trader Joe’s)
- Cranberry Pear or regular Balsamic Dressing
All ingredients can be assembled in advance and then just tossed together with dressing just before serving.
In a saute pan melt the butter and add plug of olive oil. Once hot add the onion and cook over a gentle heat until they start to caramelize, around forty minutes.
To assemble, toss the salad greens in the dressing. Top with pear slices, cranberries, onions, crumbled cheese and pecans.
If you try this or any other recipe on my website I would love feedback. If you like this recipe feel free to pass it on. If you love this recipe please subscribe using the link below, and I promise you a regular supply of absolutely fabulous ideas for feeding family and friends.