Tired of the same old, same old? Try these combinations of ingredients for some fabulous new salads. Use these as a template and get creative. Let us know on the website when you find something fabulous you want to share.
- salad greens
- two Oranges
- four Beets fresh or vacuum packed (Trader Joe’s or Costco), cut in half and sliced
- a couple of ounces of goat cheese,
- pomegranate seeds
- handful marconi almonds (Trader Joe’s or Costco)
- scallions, thinly sliced
- Orange Balsamic Dressing
- 2 Tablespoons white wine or white balsamic vinegar, I love the Olivetti Oregano White Balsamic or Trader Joe’s Orange Champagne Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 6Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- large pinch of ground mustard seeds
- salt and papper
All ingredients can be assembled in advance and then just tossed together with dressing just before serving. To make the dressing just combine all ingredients then shake well. This may make more than you need, and any extra will keep happily in the fridge for a few days.
If you buy fresh beets, and the golden one are lovely in this salad, clean and top and tail them. Wrap in a foil parcel with a little olive oil and cook in 400F oven for around an hour until tender. Once cool, the skin should peel easily.
Segment the oranges by first cutting off the peal and pith. Then with a sharp knife carefully cut inside the membrane of each segment to take out only orange. no skin.
To assemble, toss the salad greens in the orange dressing. Top with oranges, beets, pomegranate seeds, crumbled cheese, scallions and almonds
Greens with Pear, Stilton or Gorgonzola, Cranberries, Caramelized Onions and Candied Pecans (serves six)
- Salad Greens
- one beautifully ripe pear, cut into half, cored and sliced
- two ounces of stilton or gorgonzola, crumbled
- dried cranberries
- one large red onion, thinly sliced
- olive oil
- knob of butter
- handful of candied pecans (Trader Joe’s)
- Cranberry Pear or regular Balsamic Dressing
All ingredients can be assembled in advance and then just tossed together with dressing just before serving. In a saute pan melt the butter and add plug of olive oil. Once hot add the onion and cook over a gentle heat until they start to caramelize, around forty minutes.
To assemble, toss the salad greens in the dressing. Top with pear slices, cranberries, onions, crumbled cheese and pecans.
If you try this or any other recipe on my website I would love feedback. If you like this recipe feel free to pass it on. If you love this recipe please subscribe using the link below, and I promise you a regular supply of absolutely fabulous ideas for feeding family and friends.