Jump to recipe
This new coleslaw was served as part of the New Orleans and the South American Art Lecture lunch. It is a slightly punchier version of the traditional coleslaw with spices and herbs which give it a little kick. It pairs very well with pulled pork or barbecued spare ribs.
Category Recipes Salads Side Dishes
- 1 small head of Napa or Savoy Cabbage, shredded - I think I used a ready to use pack of broccoli slaw
- 3 to 4 carrots, Julienned - or cheat and buy them ready shredded
- 1 green apple, diced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 orange pepper, thinly sliced
- 1-2 tablespoons of chopped cilantro
- handful of pecans, chopped - optional
- 2 cups Creme Fraiche
- 1 cup Mayonaise
- Juice of 3 Limes
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Cumin
- Salt and Pepper
- Mix all the ingredients for the dressing together, and adjust seasoning to taste.
- In a large bowl, combine all the coleslaw ingredients.
- Add dressing and mix thoroughly.
- Refrigerate until required; this coleslaw only seems to get better as all the different flavors combine