Jump to recipe
My neighbor BB very kindly invited me to play bridge at her house this summer with some of her bridge crew. Afterwards she served us supper and introduced me to this delicious asian slaw. She suggested serving it with some cooked chicken, pork or shrimp. What a perfect evening, and then not even too far to drive (this is America!) home.
Category Lunch Recipes Salads Side Dishes Uncategorized
- ½ c mayonnaise
- 1T sugar (I reduced this to a pinch!)
- 1 T rice vinegar
- 1 T coarse mustard
- 2 t soy sauce
- 2 t Sriracha Sauce (Our good friends Trader Joe's now stock this rather exotic ingredient)
- ½ t sesame oil
- ½ t finely grated fresh ginger
- 8 cups shredded cabbage (red, green or both combined)
- 2 red bell peppers, julienned
- 1 c peeled and thinly sliced jicama
- ½ c loosely packed fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 c fresh corn kernels (a few ears fresh or small white kernels if frozen)
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 2 t black or white sesame seeds
- Whisk together all ingredients for dressing. Cover and chill until ready to use (lasts a week or more).
- Prepare slaw by stirring together all the remaining ingredients. Toss with desired amount of dressing. Add salt and pepper if desired.