- Salad Greens
- one beautifully ripe pear, cut into half, cored and sliced
- two ounces of stilton or gorgonzola, crumbled
- dried cranberries
- one large red onion, thinly sliced
- olive oil
- knob of butter
- handful of candied pecans (Trader Joe’s)
- Cranberry Pear or regular Balsamic Dressing
- All ingredients can be assembled in advance and then just tossed together with dressing just before serving.
- In a saute pan melt the butter and add plug of olive oil. Once hot add the onion and cook over a gentle heat until they start to caramelize, around forty minutes.
- To assemble, toss the salad greens in the dressing. Top with pear slices, cranberries, onions, crumbled cheese and pecans.
If you try this or any other recipe on my website I would love feedback. If you like this recipe feel free to pass it on. If you love this recipe please subscribe using the link below, and I promise you a regular supply of absolutely fabulous ideas for feeding family and friends.