This is based on the fabulous Delia Smith recipe from her ‘Summer’ cookbook. I love using the baby peppers and filling them with the mini multicolored heirloom tomatoes when they are in season. The anchovies are not essential, and I sometimes miss a few peppers in case there is someone who refuses to eat them, but for me they add a wonderful depth to a dish that is already full of wonderful summer flavors.
- Baby multicolored sweet peppers - two per person
- mini multicolored heirloom tomatoes - one and a half per pepper
- small tin of anchovies, drained
- olive oil
- basil leaves
- Pre-heat Oven to 400F
- Cut each pepper in half keeping the green stalk on. Scoop out the seeds and rinse.
- Cut the mini tomatoes in half and use to stuff the peppers.
- Place peppers on a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil. Season with pepper.
- Add a small piece of anchovies to each pepper
- Roast in oven until peppers are nicely browned at the edges, time will depend n the size of the peppers...15-20 minutes.
- To serve, arrange on a bed of arugula and scatter with torn basil leaves.
If you try this or any other recipe on my website I would love feedback. If you like this recipe feel free to pass it on. If you love this recipe please subscribe using the link below, and I promise you a regular supply of absolutely fabulous ideas for feeding family and friends.