My friend Julie wowed us at one of my daughters rowing regattas with this fantastic salad dressing. We were all gathered around the jar of dressing trying to guess the ingredients from the look and smell. For me the tarragon was the most distinctive, whilst other guessed parsley and basil. It seems we were all correct. Julie had just returned from a short trip to Paris, and whilst there had taken a cooking class. Seems those Parisians know a thing or two about salads.
- 1/4 cup vinegar( I would suggest white wine or champagne, or a white balsamic)
- 2 T minced shallots
- 1 T minced garlic (now I am not a huge garlic fan so I might omit this part)
- 1/4 cup assorted herbs (basil, tarragon, cilantro, parsley, etc)
- 1 t salt
- 1/2 t pepper
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- I keep old jam and mustard jars together with the lids to make my salad dressings. Make sure they have been run through the dishwasher to sterilize them. Then if I do not use all the dressing I can store it safely in the fridge.
- Add all ingredients to a clean jar, add lid and shake well to incorporate.